Monday, January 13, 2014

my bad

ok because i have horrible grammar i know i don't have a whole lot of room to complain on this but, i have a thing  i can't explain about word choice especially during important conversations there are phrases and words that drive me crazy when i hear them coming out of peoples mouths and a lot of that has to do with context. today my final straw, end of the line, stick a fork in it it's done statement is

my bad

they make you sound like you have no concept of personal responsibility. that you are unable to hold yourself accountable for the wrong you committed.

 these 2 words should never ever be used in any sort of professional setting. i am shocked that they came out of a teacher's mouth during a conference, in front of the principal and not just once but 6 times. no one and i really mean no one who is old enough to have a job should ever say those 2 words together. how hard is it to actually say that was my fault or yeah i was to blame for that. my brain truly did that cartoon i swallowed the dynamite head exploding thing the 1st time she said "oh that's my bad i should have called" but to hear it said 6 times in response to a few problems just totally caused my brain to melt.

i have a whole list of words that sound wrong to me

the suspect pleaded guilty to stabbing the victim in the eye for saying "my bad".

isn't it supposed to say

the suspect pled guilty to stabbing the victim in the eye for saying "my bad".

aunt vs ant (i am not a bug)
ask vs ax (not in serial killer training)
library vs libary (not cute when you're older than 3)

i could go on and on but i won't. be safe everyone. have a good week and happy monday. if my grammar has upset you oops that is

my bad

No comments:

Post a Comment